Founded as Royal Urn Bag Company in Manhattan in 1936, Urnex started creating powerful bagged cleaning products for coffee urns. Their motto "No More Bitter Coffee" prevailed and they eventually developed specialty cleaning products to prolong the life of your coffee equipments.
- Concentrated formula eliminates residue in group heads, valves, and lines
- Effective for use on traditional espresso machines and coffee brewers
- 100% phosphate free, and all ingredients are renewable, sustainable and naturally occurring
- Over 100 uses per jar
- Sodium Bicarbonate: Also called baking soda, helps dough rise in cookies and bread. In our application, it assists in delivering oxygen bubbles to the surface of your coffee machine.
- Sodium Carbonate: Often used in toothpaste and baking German pretzels, this naturally occurring salt is found in the hills of Wyoming and can be derived from seaweed. It is a great cleaning agent that changes the pH.
- Sodium Gluconate: Used in dairy products and diet foods, this ingredient helps break down and rinse away soils. It is produced by fermentation of glucose (sugars).
- Sodium Citrate: Derived from corn sugar via fermentation, this salt regulates acidity in the cleaning product. It can also be found on the ingredient list of some of your favorite energy drinks.
- Sodium Percarbonate: This is a key ingredient used in toothpaste for its oxygen based bleaching abilities.
- Sodium Coco-Sulfate: As the name suggests, a terrific foaming agent and surfactant produced from coconut oils.
- Alkyl Polyglycosides: The scariest sounding ingredient is produced from the combination of alcohols and glucose. These sugars are derived from coconut, palm, and corn oil. This is a 100% renewable surfactant that would otherwise need to be produced from petroleum products.