Since the year 1945, the brand Quick Mill is recognized internationally by all the coffee enthusiasts. Quick Mill specializes in the planning, development and production of coffee machines, coffee grinders and other products.
With the Rapida, a manual lever espresso machine, Quick Mill addresses true espresso enthusiasts.
How the Lever Group Works
When you pull the lever down, the pump provides initial pressure, which is about 11 bars. Once you let the lever go up, the pump turns off, and the lever does its magic. The lever is spring loaded and provides about 9.5 bars of pressure at the beginning to finish at around 5.5 bars at the end of extraction. The beauty of a lever machine is that you can manipulate the pressure by retarding the lever at a certain point during extraction to bring out more flavour from your coffee. This also allows for creating your own and unique pressure profiling.
Behind the scenes, the Rapida comes with a 1.8 L copper heat exchange boiler, PID controlled temperature that is easily adjustable via a controller on the front of the machine and many more features that assist in creating a superb cup of coffee.
FEATURES AT A GLANCE
- Professional lever group
- Electronic PID temperature control
- Joystick-style controls for steam and hot water
- A 1.8-litre copper boiler with auto-refill
- Anti-burn stainless steel hot water and steam wands
- Pressure gauge for the steam boiler
- Thermostat to limit steam pressure
- Heat protection for the pump
- Stainless steel cup warmer
- Large 3 L water tank
- Single and Double portafilters included